qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:25:37 GMT
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> > I would like to have documentation that can be versioned,
> > corresponding
> > to our releases, so that it's easy to identify the documentation
> that
> > corresponds to a given release.
> >
> > I would like to have documentation that is available in
> > either HTML or PDF.
>
> Or others maybe?
>
> > What would you think of using the Wiki for proposals and initial
> > information that is later moved into the documentation?
>
> JIRA?
>
> > What would you think of using DocBook for the documentation
> > itself? I'm
> > not suggesting using DocBook for the main structure of the web
site,

> > just for documentation.
>
> Sounds good to use a more appropriate tool for docs.
>
> > I've had several people approach me, suggesting this might be a
good

> > approach. How do people who are actually writing documentation
feel
> > about this?
>
> I'm not familiar with DocBook... Can you please explain a bit or
point
> to more info?

Ok... I looked up DocBook. An XML-based markup language. Cool... Can
doxygen generated input that works in this scheme? I faintly recall
looking briefly at this a couple years ago and it couldn't at that
point. Or did you envision leaving the API reference out of this plan?

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org