qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move documentation to svn / DocBook?
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:20:02 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> Jonathan Robie wrote:
>>
>> I would like to have documentation that can be versioned, corresponding to
>> our releases, so that it's easy to identify the documentation that
>> corresponds to a given release.
>
> I think this is critical. There are many times that I would like to be able
> to refer people to the qpid web site but I can't because the documentation
> doesn't match the code that they're working with.

Hugely +1 on this. I've tried unsuccesfully to do this twice over the
last few years. There are remanents of this in the forrest-site branch
in SVN.

The only word of advice I'll offer, since it didn't succeed before, is
that it should be done quickly since it's a moving target. If I had
the time to try again, I might pick a hard cut off date and Just Do
It.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org