qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Kerry Bonin <kerrybo...@gmail.com>
Subject Building C++\Windows trunk?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 22:26:27 GMT
I'm having some issues getting the trunk to build - most notably namespace
collisions between the global namespace types in
qpid/sys/windows.IntegerTypes.h and those defined in boost cstdint - first
hit is in DispatchHandle.cpp which uses these typenames, and I didn't see
any way the compiler could pick one.  I don't see others complaining about a
broken build, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?

I'm using CMake 2.8.0, Boost 1.35, and MSVC 2008.

Appreciate any help on this - I'm recommending we redirect a very large
project here at work (GE) over AMQP/QPID (C++, .Net and Python), and I'll be
taking point on the integration, so I'd like to be able to start building
from the trunk.  On a related note, I should be able to start contributing
work on the Win side of things, as I need a few features from the *nix
broker on the Win32/64 platform...

Thanks!

Kerry Bonin

(posting via gmail instead of kerry.bonin@ge.com as GE mail nukes external