qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Kerry Bonin <kerrybo...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions - bug and process...
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:44:17 GMT
Hello!

We're playing with the qpid messaging code in the trunk and running into a
few problems.

First, a process question - what is the recommended process for submitting
info like this?  Search for existing bug, if not found open one in ASF
JIRA?  Related question - is the recommended process captured anywhere?
http://qpid.apache.org/getting-involved.html seemed like the logical place,
but no obvious answer after a brief search...

To the issues:

1) The ReplyTo message property isn't being propagated from sender to
receiver.  This is easily notable by trying the examples\messaging
client/server, which fails with a 'Error: no reply address specified
for...'.  I noticed this in my own attempt at a request - response pattern,
in which the Address returned from the received message is empty.

2) The nomenclature for specifying the auto-delete node property as part of
an address string isn't working as shown in
qpid\cpp\examples\messaging\client.cpp#49 : Address foo( "#name;
{create:always, type:queue, node-properties:{x-ampq0-10-auto-delete:true}}"
);  The queue is created, but not with an auto-delete attribute set.

FWIW, I'm still learning the underlying qpid code or I'd be posting fixes,
it'll take me a few more days to grok data flow through this code, and I'm
still learning my way around boost.  I thought I'd raise these to see if I'm
missing something obvious, and to see if I should be opening bugs for these
sorts of issues...

Thanks!

Kerry