qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Marnie McCormack <marnie.mccorm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [java] Adding support for the new address format in the JMS client
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:59:54 GMT
I'm glad to read about plans for supporting both syntaxes going forward, and
providing backward compatibility.

I'm not grasping how prefixing aids migration for existing users (or maybe
I've misunderstood what the prefix is intended to provide) ? If they have to
edit/test their connection config then I don't think that'll help.

I like Gordon's suggestion as a way of addressing this and allowing
migration for users on the old style.

Regards,
Marnie