qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First Qpid 0.6 Beta Release available for download and testing
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:44:30 GMT
The reason there are multiple 'eclipse-plugin' artifacts is that it
isnt actually just an Eclipse plugin, but actually a full Eclipse RCP
application and the launcher and SWT code for these is platform
specific. The artifacts are generated from the
management/eclipse-plugin module, which is just an Eclipse RCP plugin,
hence its name.

I know this has also confused for a couple of users in the past, so I
would be in favour of updating the release artifact names, Eg:
qpid-jmx-management-console-0.6-linux-gtk-x86.tar.gz instead of
qpid-management-eclipse-plugin-0.6-linux-gtk-x86.tar.gz

What do people think?

Robbie

2009/12/3 Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com>:

<snip>

> Deficiencies:
>
> I've removed the separate dotnet package from the release as it doesn't
> build for me using the release script. More about this separately.
>
> I've not packaged the wcf code separately as I've no idea how it should
> look and I doubt I could build it under Linux anyway.
>
> I'm concerned there appear to be 5 13Mb eclipse plugins labelled for
> various platforms - is this really necessary - it certainly took a long
> time to upload and constitutes a large amount of space.

</snip>

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org