qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Repeated random failures for MINANetworkDriverTest
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 20:36:06 GMT
Hi,

The MINANetworkDriverTest has repeated random test failures for last
month and half or so.
Is there any objection if I add it to the exclude list until somebody
has the time to have a look at the test and make necessary
modifications?
The danger of repeated failures is that people tend to ignore the
results after a while and may miss a genuine failure.
This would totally defeat the purpose of adding the test in the first place.

Following is the test output.
If interested I could provide with the detailed test output.

Testsuite: org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriverTest
Tests run: 9, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.281 sec

Testcase: testBindOpen took 0.135 sec
Testcase: testBindOpenCloseOpen took 0.025 sec
Testcase: testBindPortInUse took 0.006 sec
Testcase: testSend took 0.03 sec
Testcase: testSetReadIdle took 1.508 sec
Testcase: testSetWriteIdle took 1.527 sec
	FAILED
Reader should have been idle
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Reader should have been idle
	at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriverTest.testSetWriteIdle(MINANetworkDriverTest.java:208)

Testcase: testClosed took 0.007 sec
Testcase: testExceptionCaught took 0.004 sec
Testcase: testGetRemoteAddress took 0.009 sec

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat