qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How about restructuring Qpid java project in to modules
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:36:33 GMT
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Rafael Schloming <rafaels@redhat.com> wrote:
> Lahiru Gunathilake wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When we go in to qpid/java directory we can see so many directories here
>> and
>> there and there's no proper structure for the project we normal see in a
>> Java project.
>> I think as a matured project we should have a structure like this,
>>
>> .
>> |-- etc
>> |-- legal
>> |-- modules
>> `-- release-docs
>>
>> Inside modules we can put our broker/clients/tools etc rather putting all
>> of
>> them in the parent directory with other stuff like
>> build/lib/docs/release-docs etc.
>> I would like to do the restructuring and add a maven build for qpid if we
>> are agreeing to do that.
>>
>> Just a thought WDYT ?
>
> I'm -1 on a maven build. We've been down that road before with miserable
> consequences. The current build does produce poms. I don't know how much
> they're used/tested, so that might be something to look at if you're
> interested in maven integration.
>
> --Rafael

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

I am also -1 on a maven build.
If maven artifacts are needed I think it's best to spend the energy in
improving the current pom generation code in the ant build.

As for refactoring I think the current svn dir structure by language
is not the best.
So I am not all that keen in meddling with the current structure under
the java folder.

--
Regards,

Rajith Attapattu