qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10000 msgs limit per session
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:12:59 GMT
2009/12/3 Aidan Skinner <aidan.skinner@gmail.com>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> Memories are fallible things. Search works much better. It's amazing
> >> what you find.
> >
> > I think you know perfectly well I was referring to anyone from the
> > Mono project asking for assistance implementing System.Messaging using
> > Qpid.
>
> No, actually, I thought you were referring to wanting to use the .Net
> client on Mono period-fullstop.
>
> If you're interested, the System.Messaging related discussion were
> mostly on the mono mailling lists:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mono-devel-list@lists.ximian.com/msg16641.html
>
> I'm not quite sure when they switched to Rabbit, but it seems
> reasonably complete: http://www.mono-project.com/SystemMessaging
>
> Of course, it doesn't work with any of the Qpid brokers because we're
> not compatible with AMQP 0-8 as published.

As an aside - we should really try to fix that and detect people using
"real" 0-8...

Hopefully if they update the code to speak 0-9-1 then it'll work with our
Java Broker.

It is a realy shame that Qpid cannot provide a .net client that speaks all
AMQP versions that would meet the Mono guys' needs

-- Rob