qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject 0.6 RC2 Progress
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:54:57 GMT
Happy new year.

Thanks to all who've tested RC2 over the past couple of weeks:

There have been some issues that mean I will be issuing an RC3 today (I
hope)

1. QPID-2308 / QPID-2096: These are Java store issues
- Robbie/Martin: Please checkin your fixes

2. QPID-2316: This was an issue with building the cpp RC2 articfact
without ruby-devel (and arguably a build bug that should have not built
a broken package).

I will respin with ruby-devel and shouldn't have the issue.

3. QPID-2260: There was a final trivial packaging fix here that missed
the previous respin.
- Steve feel free to apply the final patch here.

I'm personally happy that these changes don't invalidate any current
testing except for java. Anything I've missed that means we'll have to
retest more, please let me know asap.

Once we've got these changes in I'll spin RC3 and create a branch for
0.6.

Since in a separate discussion we reached the consensus of using odd
revisions for dev and even for release, I'll also up the release version
in the places I remember the version is hiding.

I'll give it a few days then call for a formal vote on releasing 0.6. At
the same time we need to get some more release notes together. What
there is currently is not very impressive (see
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.6+Release ). There is
no way I'll be able to put together comprehensive release notes, so
unless others chip in they won't look much better than on that wiki
page!

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org