qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: Tagging our releases
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:15:27 GMT
On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 21:51 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Shall we retroactively create a 0.5 tag for future usage? Andrews suggestion of looking
at the .svnrevision file doesn't work for 0.5 as it reports HEAD.

Oh - I think retroactively creating the tag would be useful.

Thinking a little about it -I think our 0.5 branch/tag naming is broken:

IMNSHO We should have a single 0.6 _branch_ and every release from it
should be tagged. Leading to something like:

branches/0.6
tags/0.6-release
tags/0.6.1-release
etc.

The only work that should happen on the 0.6 branch would be related to a
later release of the 0.6 line so I can't see the point of a 0.6-release
branch (but I created it following the example from 0.5).

So now I'm a bit stuck for tag names! I don't want to duplicate the
branch name as it will confuse things.

Suggestions?

Andrew

> I just noticed from the users list why Rajith wanted to know the revision, and he understandably
got the wrong revision from looking at the 0.5-release branch. It doesn't change the outcome
discussed as no code was changed, but the noted rev 779632 was actually an error on my part
after 0.5 was produced (due to a partially-switched SVN checkout) and 0.5 was released at
rev 775777 as far as I can tell.