qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [0.6] Patch request for inclusion
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:29:27 GMT
On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 11:08 -0500, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I've been looking at some of the Java test failures and have found an
> issue (QPID-2137) that I would really like to be included in 0.6.
>
> I think this is deserving of blocking startus and therefore inclusion
> as without this patch the status logging feature cannot be used as it
> will likely cause a failure of the broker.
>
> The patch is to create a new MessageFormater for every log message
> rather than reusing a static formatter.  I have committed the change
> to trunk already but I'd appreciate it if we can include it for 0.6.

I'm not clear from this email or the jira itself if this fits the
criteria for blocker :-

1. Regression from 0.5 release behaviour. AND
2. Serious problem which will stop a user being able to use the broker.

Martin

If you think that it does satisfy both of these then please assign the
bug back to you and commit the patch to the branch. Then let me know -
I'll issue a new RC, and a call to vote.

If on reflection you don't think it meets both of these criteria then
I'll issue a call for vote on the existing RC.

Andrew

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org