qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Request for review/discussion of proposed SSL additions for C++ broker/client on Windows
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 00:13:29 GMT
I have just attached a new patch to QPID-1403
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1403) with additions for SSL
support on Windows for the C++ broker and client. I would like to have a
review of this before committing it to the repository.

Andrew Stitcher has had a cursory look at an earlier version of the
patch and suggested that he would like to have a more in-depth look and
discussion post-0.6. We're looking at next week for this review. He
suggested that Gordon Sim, as author of the Linux SSL support, may have
particular insights to share as well. All other interested people are
welcome and encouraged to join in.

For some background info on Windows Schannel (the native SSL
implementation on Windows) I wrote a blog overview of it recently - you
may want to read that before the review meeting for this patch
(http://stevehuston.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/how-to-use-schannel-for-ssl
-sockets-on-windows/)

For the mechanics of actually doing the review get-together, since
people may be joining from various locations I can host the meeting with
my Adobe web meeting account - this would give us whiteboard, VOIP
audio, screen sharing. I believe I can record it and attach to the jira
if others want to review it later. If there's no better idea for
carrying this out, I'll set it up and post a URL here.

Also, what about a day/time? I can do it Tuesday after 11:00 US East
coast (UTC-0500), or Wednesday same time frame.

Thanks,
-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org