qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ and Java Broker common configuration and tooling
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:42:17 GMT
Robert Godfrey wrote:
> Overall I think with a bit of work from both the C++ and Java communities we
> can get the brokers to look and behave much more similarly... however we
> will also need to change the way we work a bit so that when we decide to add
> new features we attempt to discuss and agree before implementing. It will do
> no good to get the brokers temporarily aligned if they immediately begin to
> drift apart again.

I'm just thinking aloud here, but perhaps it would help to gather our
various disparate documentation snippits into a single canonical feature
glossary somewhere in SVN. Ideally in some format that could be easily
fed into the documentation, but could also serve as a source for other
things such as generating test matrices, and doing feature based
coverage analysis.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org