qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Test suite vs optional xml config
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:26:30 GMT
On 01/06/2010 11:20 AM, john dunning wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 16:11 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 01/06/2010 04:05 PM, Alan Conway wrote:
>
>>> Thats true, but I think it is still worth splitting out test sets for
>>> optional modules into separate files for the sake of clarity and
>>> readability.
>>
>> Yes, thats a fair point.
>
> Thanks all.  For the immediate goal (getting the new features into
> qpid-config and adding tests for them) I'm going to go with the least
> intrusive solution, which seems to be sensing the presence of the xml.so
> and driving the rest of the infrastructure accordingly.
>
> There likely does deserve to be some followon work to split up the test
> stuff in a more modular way.

Shoud have mentioned this earlier but the cluster module is an existing example
of this. The way it works is
  - all cluster-specific build & test rules are in src/tests/cluster.mk
  - cluster.mk has the form "if HAVE_LIBCPG ... endif"
  - cluster.mk is included in Makefile.am

The existing XML tests are handled similarly but they're not broken out into a
separate .mk file as they're currently quite trivial. If you add a lot of tests
then it might be worth breaking this out int xml.mk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org