qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Federation Implementation Questions
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 15:05:49 GMT
On 01/04/2010 04:45 PM, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> As alluded to in my earlier mail, I spent a bit of time over the last couple
> of weeks implementing federation in the Java Broker...
>
> Trying to derive how it worked through playing with the C++ broker I did the
> following
>
> Set up three brokers A, B and C
>
> Created an exchange on each of them called "myexchange", and set up two
> dynamic links (one in each direction) between every pair of brokers
>
> I then had a client create a queue on B and bind it to myexchange with the
> binding key "mykey",
>
> Now if I published a message to myexchange with routing-key "mykey" it
> arrived at the client at B twice (one going direct from A to B, and once
> going to from A to B via C).

Ted is probably the best person to comment on the above, but its quite
possibly 'expected' at present. We may of course want to address that.

> Further when I then added a second client connected to C, creating a queue
> on that broker and also binding it to myexchange with binding-key mykey...
> And then delete consumer on B ... the federated bindings necessary to get
> the messages to C are also deleted.

This is certainly a bug. It may simply be that the design relies on a
federated binding for each local binding but where the key is identical
the second binding doesn't actually result in a duplicate federated binding.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org