qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Queue State Replication / Event Generation
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 14:52:18 GMT
On 01/12/2010 02:43 PM, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> Thanks Gordon...
>
> it may be a little while before I get round to implementing it in the
> Java... need to finish of the QMF/Federation piece first and then I'll
> probably do Ring Queues, LVQ, etc...

There are some shortcomings with this scheme as well, so would be worth
some discussion at some point on how best to address them.

One issue is that its not possible to start and stop replication.
Another is that there is no effective flow control that prevents the
replication queue expanding too much.

It would also be nice to be able to (perhaps optionally) tie replication
success to completion status of the original command. Also some scheme
for coalescing redundant events would be good (i.e. where you enqueue
and dequeue rapidly and raise bothe events before either has actually
been transmitted to the remote site).