qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject [c++]: messaging api, uuids and handles
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:42:26 GMT
I have an outstanding Jira (QPID-2323) to add support for uuids as a
value for a Variant in the 'new' API (it is wanted for QMF and seems
like it might be a generically useful type).

The current Uuid class is in qpid::framing and has exposed dependencies
on things I don't want to be part of the API (such as boost::array and
qpid::framing::Buffer).

My thought therefore is to create a copy of that class in the
qpid::messaging namespace, pimpled and cleaned up to avoid the undesired
dependencies. Does that sound like the right approach?

While on the subject of namespaces and dependencies, is there any need
to worry about using qpid::client::Handle? That is the superclass of
most of the API classes now.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org