qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Tagging our releases
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:22:24 GMT
As far as I understand, the rationale for creating the 0.X-release branch is just so that trunk
can be unfrozen and any blockers committed back to the branch. When releases drag on like
M4 and 0.5 did it is quite annoying having trunk frozen.

We could as easily use the same temporary branch name for all such release scenarios, or create
new ones for each release and then delete it when we are done with the release, as the eventual
release Tag would serve as marker enough after that point. Alternatively, create a 0.X.x branch
as the first 0.X release is completed and then leave it in place for any future micro revisions.

Robbie