qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: QMan JMX / 0.6 RC3 issue
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:05:45 GMT
Ok, got it all working ;)

As I mentioned below I could see the QMan service MBean, I just couldn't
seem to get it to do anything else. What I forgot to mention was that I was
getting an UnmarshallingException when trying to use the addBroker() method
with of the MBean with the same example configuration info that appears to
work fine using the wsdm startup script (from etc/qman-config.xml).

However I just took a dig around the broker using qpid-tool (also first time
using that hehe) and realised I should be using virtualhost '/' instead of
the example 'test', and now it works: The addBroker() method returns
succesfully and I can see the MBeans for the managed objects on the broker,
and see the management queues created by QMan in qpid-tool

So, confirmed it works, but perhaps the example config should be updated. I
also find it strange the WSDM QMan manages to connect on startup to the
broker and generate MBeans when using the example configuration with the
incorrect 'test' virtualhost and the JMX startup doesn't, but the docs say
it should (it doesn't seem to auto connect when the vhost is changed to '/'
either). Also the URL for the web admin in the README appears to be wrong, I
had to go to http://<host>:<port>/qman/console to get it rather than the
noted http://<host>:<port>/qman/admin.jsp

Robbie