qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS Client Heartbeat configuration
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:42:54 GMT
It appears that there are two different means configuring the
heartbeat interval for the JMS client.
The 0-9 codepath uses a jvm argument while the 0-10 codepath uses a
broker URL property.

>From a users perspective we should provide a consistent interface.
Therefore I propose we combine the two approaches.

1. For both 0-8/9 and 0-10 codepath should first check if there is a
property specified in the broker URL.
2. If not check if the amqj.heartbeat.delay is set
3. If nothings specified it will then default to the brokers max
heartbeat interval.

That is by default heartbeats are enabled and you need to explicitly
turn it off by setting zero.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat