qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Federation Implementation Questions
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:45:27 GMT
As alluded to in my earlier mail, I spent a bit of time over the last couple
of weeks implementing federation in the Java Broker...

Trying to derive how it worked through playing with the C++ broker I did the
following

Set up three brokers A, B and C

Created an exchange on each of them called "myexchange", and set up two
dynamic links (one in each direction) between every pair of brokers

I then had a client create a queue on B and bind it to myexchange with the
binding key "mykey",

Now if I published a message to myexchange with routing-key "mykey" it
arrived at the client at B twice (one going direct from A to B, and once
going to from A to B via C).

Further when I then added a second client connected to C, creating a queue
on that broker and also binding it to myexchange with binding-key mykey...
And then delete consumer on B ... the federated bindings necessary to get
the messages to C are also deleted.

Are these behaviours expected?

-- Rob