qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: moving stuff out of the python dir
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:46:00 GMT
Rafael Schloming wrote:
> Some of you may recall that I ranted a bit just prior to the freeze for
> the 0.6 release about how lots of non-client related stuff has been
> accumulating in the python directory as of late. It was a bit too late
> to do anything about it at the time, but as the freeze is over now, I'd
> like to start cleaning things up a bit.
>
> For that reason I intend to make the following moves over the next few
> days. Please shout if this will disrupt you or if you disagree with any
> of the locations I've picked.
>
> These are the files currently under qpid/python:
>
> Makefile
> LICENSE.txt
> NOTICE.txt
> README.txt
> RELEASE_NOTES
> todo.txt
> commands/             --->      qpid/tools
> doc/
> examples/
> mllib/                --->      qpid/extras/mllib
> models/               --->      qpid/sandbox/models
> preppy
> qmf/                  --->      qpid/extras/qmf
> qmf2/                 --->      qpid/extras/qmf
> qpid/
> qpid-python-test
> qpid_config.py
> setup.py
> tests/
> tests_0-10/           --->      qpid/tests/amqp_0-10
> tests_0-8/            --->      qpid/tests/amqp_0-8
> tests_0-9/            --->      qpid/tests/amqp_0-9

On second thought, I think perhaps moving the tests as below may be
better. This will result in a python package structure that puts them in
the qpid namespace which will allow them to be installed, as well as
replacing "-" with "_" which will allow normal imports:

tests_0-10/           --->      qpid/tests/amqp/qpid/broker_0_10
tests_0-8/            --->      qpid/tests/amqp/qpid/broker_0_8
tests_0-9/            --->      qpid/tests/amqp/qpid/broker_0_9

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org