qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: moving stuff out of the python dir
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:27:09 GMT
Ken Giusti wrote:
> Ah, yes - I see now.   I'm ok with extras/qmf/qmf[2], but that begs the question - what
about non-python QMF stuff, like other language bindings and cross-implementation interopt
tests?

> If we end up moving all qmf-related stuff into extras, then we'd probably need flesh
out a bit more structure for that qmf subdir.  e.g.:

>   extras/qmf/python/{qmf, qmf2, tests, ...}
>   extras/qmf/cpp/{...}
>   extras/qmf/bindings/{....}
>   extras/qmf/tests/{...}
>
> Thoughts?

My initial thought was to just to move the qmf library into it's own
directory and let that evolve from there on its own.

Something like the above makes sense, one thing I've been considering
doing for the python client that may make sense here as well is to
introduce a src dir. This especially makes sense if you want c/cpp
modules/bindings/etc alongside the python code, e.g.:

extras/qmf/src/cpp/...
extras/qmf/src/py/...

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org