qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Schloming <rafa...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: moving stuff out of the python dir
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 18:32:55 GMT
Alan Conway wrote:
> On 02/02/2010 04:23 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
>> Some of you may recall that I ranted a bit just prior to the freeze for
>> the 0.6 release about how lots of non-client related stuff has been
>> accumulating in the python directory as of late. It was a bit too late
>> to do anything about it at the time, but as the freeze is over now, I'd
>> like to start cleaning things up a bit.
>>
>> For that reason I intend to make the following moves over the next few
>> days. Please shout if this will disrupt you or if you disagree with any
>> of the locations I've picked.
>>
>> These are the files currently under qpid/python:
>>
>> Makefile
>> LICENSE.txt
>> NOTICE.txt
>> README.txt
>> RELEASE_NOTES
>> todo.txt
>> commands/ ---> qpid/tools
>> doc/
>> examples/
>> mllib/ ---> qpid/extras/mllib
>> models/ ---> qpid/sandbox/models
>> preppy
>> qmf/ ---> qpid/extras/qmf
>> qmf2/ ---> qpid/extras/qmf
>> qpid/
>> qpid-python-test
>> qpid_config.py
>> setup.py
>> tests/
>> tests_0-10/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-10
>> tests_0-8/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-8
>> tests_0-9/ ---> qpid/tests/amqp_0-9
>>

> Do you still want to move qpid/brokertest.py out of the python dir?
> Would that move to tests/qpid?
> I'll need to  update some scripts in the cpp tree if/when that moves.

I do still want to move that somewhere, although I'm not sure where.
I'll give you a heads up before I do anything with that and I'll make
sure the cpp build & tests are in order.

One thing I've realized in futzing with this a bit is that you can't
actually have multiple independently installable packages with the same
top level name in python, e.g. my plan of having the python client under
qpid.* and the protocol tests under qpid.broker_0-* needs to be slightly
further amended in some way so that the two qpid packages won't conflict.

--Rafael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org