qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Qpid JMS client in Containers and restricted environments
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 00:53:18 GMT
Hi All,

There have been several attempts to use Qpid JMS client within various
containers like Application Servers, Servlet containers etc.
However there have been a few issues around this.

1. Qpid JMS client does not implement the optional methods nor provide
a JCA adapter
2. Configuration issues as system properties cannot be used when run
in restricted environments

I would like to receive feedback about the preferred approach for
solving item 1.

For the second issue we could allow as much configuration as possible
via Connection URL, BindingURL and the new addressing syntax.
Robert Godfrey mentioned about using JNDI for any options that doesn't
fit into the above methods, which I think is a good solution.
Again I would like to hear any thoughts and suggestions around this.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/