qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fifth (and I hope final) Release Candidate for 0.6 qpid release
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:20:39 GMT
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Andrew Stitcher <astitcher@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 22:45 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>> Rat output for the 0.6rc5 full release/repo archive is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.6/0.6rc5_rat_output.txt
>>
>> There are some files which need to have the Apache Licence added.
>
> I'm tempted to reply "rats", but I think that would be too cute!
>
> Robbie, Thanks for running this for us. I'm left wondering if we
> shouldn't have a regular automated process somewhere which runs rat and
> sends the report. It looks like it there is many months of accumulated
> license omission to fix.

This is actually a good thing to do. If we could have a nightly (or
even a weekly) run that would help us eliminate some pain down the
road.
During the last iteration (when I temporarily took over as release
manager for Martin on vacation) I went through a ton of pain with this
issue.
I actually had a patch for RAT to make it work with more file types. I
think I may have attached the patch to a JIRA.
If not I will try to do that soon.

Rajith

> I'll, take a detailed look and get back to the list.
>
> Andrew
>

>> Robbie

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu