qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Help]Qpid in clustering mode
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:33:25 GMT
On 04/13/2010 09:16 AM, sonal ojha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am very new to Qpid , I wanted to know how could I setup Qpid C++ broker in
> clustering mode.
>
> It said to use corosync but then still couldn't find what all setups are
> involved.

There's a page on http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/ that describes the set-up.
Unfortunately it seems to be down at the moment so I can't get the exact link.
When it is back up, look in the FAQ section.

> How can we have them all in multicast mode using a shared database(if qpid
> supports one)

Qpid in clustering mode does use multicast but it does not use a shared
database. Instead, each member of the cluster keeps its own replica of the
clusters state, and the replicas are kept synchronized using the corosync CPG
protocol. New members joining the cluster get a "snapshot" of cluster state from
an existing member so they too have a complete, synchronized replica of the
cluster state. Clients can connect to any member of the cluster.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org