qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject c++: performance of new vs. old API
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:29:56 GMT
I'm happy to report that after appropriate tuning of the tests, the new API
seems to perform as well as the old for basic thruput/latency tests. Detailed
results attached.

The main change since my previous mail on the subject was to disable setting
sequence number and timestamp properties and compare results with a reliable
receiver - all fair changes since they are equivalent to what perftest does.

There is one mystery with the new api: an unreliable sender is _slower_ than
reliable sender. As far as I can see by inspection and profiling, an unreliable
sender does strictly less work than reliable one so this puzzles me. If anyone
has a theory I'd love to hear it!

Cheers,
Alan.