qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mina version
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 08:00:08 GMT
On 1 April 2010 18:18, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Rajith Attapattu a écrit :
>>
>> All though the 0-10 code path doesn't use MINA as the transport, it is
>> still required on the client side as the JMS layer is still using the
>> Mina byte buffer internally.
>> The 0-8 code also uses MINA as the default transport.
>> So the client has both compile time and run time dependency on MINA.
>> It would good if we could actually get rid of the MINA deps in the
>> client side and the transport related code factored out into a
>> transport module.
>> The client can then load the transport based on reflection (the 0-10
>> code path now does this.)
>
> I'm just looking at removing the dependency on backport-util for the client,
> but removing Mina would be even better. Using Mina makes sense on the server
> to improve the scalability, but on the client I guess using classic IO
> classes should be enough.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Emmanuel,

If you are just looking to remove the backport dependency then
swapping to mina 1.1.1 should do that for you.

We currently use 1.0.1 which has the dependency as we used to build a
Java 1.4 cllent. We don't (and can't) do that now so we should at
least upgrade mina to 1.1.1 which is the Java 1.5 version of 1.0.1.

Hope that helps,

Martin

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Martin Ritchie