qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Java] Slow consumer test running out of memory
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 17:17:39 GMT
On 1 June 2010 15:49, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robbie,
>
> Have you had a chance to look at the log output?
> I also think it's better to exclude this from the in-vm broker profile
> as in this case everything runs on the same JVM.
>
> Rajith
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Robbie Gemmell
> <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had modified the test log4j configuration previously to stop it
>> outputing that specific logging, it seems to be back though - some
>> class name changes altering the Logger name used perhaps ?
>>
>> On 19 May 2010 13:32, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Rajith,
>>>
>>> I think this is actually down to the erroneous adjustment of the
>>> ExpiredMessageTask frequency in the NullApplicationRegistry.
>>>
>>> I recent change I made was to cause HouseKeepingTasks to log when they
>>> execute. The NAR though sets the run frequency to every 200ms. This
>>> was done for one test. Which test I don't recall right now but will
>>> track it down and ensure that it sets the configuration it needs
>>> without breaking the other tests.
>>>
>>> The OOM will be due to the test framework holding on to all the broker
>>> log messages.
>>>
>>> I actually haven't seen a OOM locally on any of my full suite test
>>> runs (default,java,java.0.10) but hopefully the change to the
>>> housekeeping frequency will address this in your test env.
>>>
>>> In the mean time I beleive uping the memory avalable to ant will address this.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Martin

Hi.

This is now happening in the simple-xml plugin tests, although it's
intermittent...

I have attached a file to a new JIRA, QPID-2635, which ups the PermGen
limit to 256Mb. This seems to fix it for me, but I can't test it
fully, so maybe a different value would be better? And, I'd prefer a
better solution, too.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7941 197 134

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org