qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Java] Build PermGen issues
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:06:16 GMT
On 4 June 2010 12:07, Martin Ritchie <ritchiem@apache.org> wrote:
> I've been having a look at our PermGen issues.
[...]
> One
> alternative would be to change our ant iterate task to fork a new vm
> for each module. Though this will slow the test cycle down and only
> delay the problem if it is down to the way the systests operate.

We could, though, also set forkmode to once, which ought to just use
one VM for all the tests, and shouldn't incur a large time penalty...

    <junit fork="yes" forkmode="once" maxmemory="${test.mem}" reloading="no"
           haltonfailure="${haltonfailure}" haltonerror="${haltonerror}"
           failureproperty="test.failures" printsummary="on" timeout="600000" >

      <jvmarg value="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"/>

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7941 197 134

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org