qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0-10 Session Close and Failover
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:15:01 GMT
On 08/03/2010 11:37 AM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
> On 3 August 2010 14:24, Rajith Attapattu<rajith77@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> The change has actually caused issues with the JMS client failover against the C++
cluster.
>> I would appreciate if you could revert the change until we figure out a proper fix.
>> Rafi have suggested a few alternatives, perhaps it's best if one of those approaches
are investigated.

>> Rajith
>
> Hi.
>
> Can you elaborate on what the issue is, as I didn't see any of the cpp
> profile tests failing? If you had a test that illustrated the problem
> it would make it easier to understand your issue. As it is, it will be
> a simple matter to revert the change, so I will do this as soon as I
> have time.

The issue is that the C++ broker had incomplete support for session resume, and
we don't support it at all on the client side. If you opened a session with at
timeout, then killed the node, the session would continue to live on the other
nodes which caused conflicts when the client attempted to fail over and
re-create a session with the same name.

I've fixed this on the broker side, the broker now sets a timeout of 0
regardlesss of what the client requests. If/when we support session resume fully
we can re-enable timeouts. It might still be worth changing the java code for
clarity as the timeout isn't really being set.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org