qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Updating the 0-10 Java transport layer
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 12:47:56 GMT
On 08/20/2010 05:45 AM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm currently looking at the 0-10 transport layer in more detail, and
> want to add a (currently) MINA based VM mechanism to the existing
> socket based one, and eventually I envisage pluggable OSGi modules
> that implement Netty or Grizzly transports for both the client and the
> broker, using any AMQP protocol.

My understanding we where trying to get rid of MINA in the Java client,
this implies going the other way. I believe this need to be debated, as I
think we want to get rid of the mina dependency which is preventing
some of the needed JMS cleanup.  Rob, Rafi, Rajith... please comment...

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org