qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing ConnectionTest#testResumeNonemptyReplayBuffer
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:17:18 GMT
On 10 August 2010 09:44, Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternational@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 August 2010 09:42, Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternational@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I noticed that the effect of changes
> to the session timeout/expiry settings
>> is to make
>> testResumeNonemptyReplayBuffer fail. I think that the Java client
>> doesn't support frame-level replay, is this correct? If so, I suggest
>> that I change this test to be excluded until this capability is added?

Andrew,

I noticed that this doesn't work, because ConnectionTest in trunk
still extends TestCase from JUnit. Since the QpidTestCasse class has
been moved to common, does anyone have any problem with just
rearranging *all* the rest of the tests to extend QpidTestCase now?
This gives us complete control over them using the Excludes mechanism,
for the moment. I had already made the change locally, so I will
commit it at the weekend if nobody objects.

I also think we should be considering a move to a more up-to-date
version of JUnit, and reworking the unit and system tests anyway, but
that's a longer discussion.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7941 197 134

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org