qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Heads up re Rdma IO state transitions [Was: AsynchIO state transition]
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:22:32 GMT
For those interested in the Rdma implementation:

I've been doing a lot of stability work, stressing the rdma code in odd
corner cases (unexpected disconnects mostly). While on this trail I
reailised I could simplify the Rdma::AsynchIO state machine drastically
by ensuring that all callbacks generated by this layer happen in the
"thread context" of the connection.

After an iteration to improve the performance which added a simple
version of the state machine back, we have a version that has very
similar throughput, but a little better latency as measured by me on my
development boxes.

I like this new code much better, but then I wrote it, so take a look
and see what you think, constructive comments welcome.

Most relevant files:
qpid/cpp/src/qpid/sys/rdma/RdmaIO.h
qpid/cpp/src/qpid/sys/rdma/RdmaIO.cpp

Andrew