qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: Eclipse project files for Java code
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 19:31:06 GMT
On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 13:50 -0500, Kim van der Riet wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 15:30 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > I think there are a variety of reasons there aren't any Eclipse project files in
the tree, starting with the fact that a lot of people don't use Eclipse, but then also that
there used to be a Maven plugin that generated them, and different people like different project
configurations.

> > I believe there is a page on the wiki which describes one way of setting up Eclipse
projects for the modules; I imagine it's probably a little out of date.

> > Robbie
>
> I use the Eclipse CDT and PyDev, and each of these generate project
> files. I am concerned that there may be interference to my own project
> setup by checked in project files. Some testing may be required before
> pulling the trigger on this...

If I check these in and they mess you up, I'd be happy to remove them.

I'm not sure what testing I could otherwise do though as I don't use CDT
for C++ and I don't plan to go back there (I gave it up 2 or so years
ago as it was too painful to set up :( ).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org