qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Release notes for 0.8 announcement email ?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:49:58 GMT
Hi Robbie,

> * .Net Bindings for the C++ Qpid Messaging API.

INTRODUCTION

The ".NET Binding for the QPID Messaging API" is a set of libraries for
developing QPID Messaging applications under Windows .NET.

Located in qpid/cpp/bindings/qpid/dotnet, the Visual Studio solution
org.apache.qpid.messaging.sln builds the binding on top of the
qpid/cpp core libraries.

.NET BINDING COMPONENT ARCHITECTURE

                      +----------------------------+
                      | \dotnet_examples           |
                      | Managed C#                 |
                      +------+---------------+-----+
                             |               |
                             V               |
        +---------------------------+        |
        | Managed Callback          |        |
        | org.apache.qpid.messaging.|        |
        | sessionreceiver.dll       |        |
        +----------------------+----+        |
                               |             |
managed                        V             V
(.NET)                 +--------------------------------+
:::::::::::::::::::::::| .NET Messaging Binding Library |::::::::::::
unmanaged              | org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll  |
(Native Win32/64)      +---------------+----------------+

      +----------------+               |
      | \examples      |               |
      | Unmanaged C++  |               |
      +--------+-------+               |
               |                       |
               V                       V
          +----------------------------------+
          | QPID Messaging C++ Libraries     |
          | bin\qpid*.dll bin\qmf*.dll       |
          +--------+--------------+----------+
                   |              |
                   V              |
          +-----------------+     |
          | Boost Libraries |     |
          +--------+--------+     |
                   |              |
                   V              V
          +---------------------------------+
          | MSVC Runtime Libraries          |
          +---------------------------------+

This diagram illustrates the code and library components of the binding
and the hierarchical relationships between them.

Working from the bottom up the components are:

1.MSVC Runtime Libraries
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries. These libraries provide support
for .NET Messaging and for any other C++ executable.

2.Boost Libraries
Supporting libraries supplied by Boost.Org. (See http://boost.org/)

3.QPID Messaging C++ Libraries
The QPID Messaging C++ core run time system.

4.Unmanaged C++ Example Source Programs
Ordinary C++ programs that illustrate using qpid/cpp Messaging directly
in a native Windows environment.

5..NET Messaging Binding Library
The .NET Messaging library provides interoprability between managed .NET
programs and the unmanaged, native Messaging C++ run time system. .NET programs
create a Reference to this library thereby exposing all of the native C++
Messaging functionality to programs written in any .NET language.

6..NET Messaging Managed Callback Library
An extension of the .NET Messaging Binding Library that provides message
callbacks in a managed .NET environment. This component is written purely in C#

7.Managed C# .NET Example Source Programs
Various C# example programs that illustrate using .NET Messaging Binding in the .NET environment.

EXAMPLE PROGRAMS

The example programs typically operate in pairs to illustrate common
usage scenarios involving message senders and message receivers.

* Example : csharp.example.server – csharp.example.client

  csharp.example.server
    Creates a Receiver and listens for messages.
    Upon message reception the message content is converted to upper case
    and forwarded to the received message's ReplyTo address.

  csharp.example.client
    Sends a series of messages to the Server and prints the original message
    content and the received message content.

* Example : csharp.map.sender – csharp.map.receiver

  csharp.map.receiver
    Creates a Receiver and listens for a map message.
    Upon message reception the message is decoded and displayed on the console.

  csharp.map.sender
    Creates a map message and sends it to map.receiver.
    The map message contains values for every supported .NET Messaging
    Binding data type.

* Example : csharp.example.spout - csharp.example.drain

  csharp.example.spout
    Spout is a more complex example of code that generates a series of messages
    and sends them to peer program Drain. Flexible command line arguments allow
    the user to specify a variety of message and program options.

  csharp.example.drain
    Drain is a more complex example of code that receives a series of messages
    and displays their contents on the console.

* Example : csharp.map.callback.sender – csharp.map.callback.receiver

  csharp.map.callback.receiver
    Creates a Receiver and listens for a map message.
    Upon message reception the message is decoded and displayed on the console.
    This example illustrates the use of the C# managed code callback mechanism
    provided by .NET Messaging Binding Managed Callback Library

  csharp.map.callback.sender
    Creates a map message and sends it to map_receiver.
    The map message contains values for every supported .NET Messaging
    Binding data type.

* Example : csharp.example.declare_queues

  csharp.example.declare_queues
    A program to illustrate creating objects on a broker.
    This program creates a queue used by spout and drain.

* Example : csharp.direct.sender – csharp.direct.receiver

  csharp.direct.receiver
    Creates a Receiver and listens for a messages.
    Upon message reception the message is decoded and displayed on the console.

  csharp.direct.sender
    Creates a series of messages and sends them to csharp.direct.receiver.

* Example : csharp.example.helloworld

  csharp.example.helloworld
    A program to send a message and to receive the same message from a broker.