qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: A criticism of the new messaging API
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:41:19 GMT
On 12/15/2010 02:31 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> The reconnect feature is major improvement over the original API but it
> only works *after* a connection has been successfully established.

That's not quite true, though I know what you mean.

The issue is that there are operations that will fail if not connected,
e.g. creation of senders or receivers. These operations may not succeed
- there may be no such queue for example when a connection is finally
established, or you may not have sufficient permission to publish to it
or receive from it.

I think the use case here is really one of more general asynchronous
usage. In that context I do think it is worth examining further. A key
part of that would be how error conditions are signalled.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org