qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: A criticism of the new messaging API
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:14:23 GMT
On 12/15/2010 05:52 PM, Ted Ross wrote:
> Keeping it simple, I would like to be able to create a connection with
> reconnect enabled, a session, a sender (with a capacity) and be able to
> produce up to <capacity> messages with the connection never having been
> established.

Right, I see that as essentially asynchronous session and sender
creation. Seems reasonable to consider along with other improvements for
asynchronous use. A key part of that is figuring out how we will then
signal the fact that when the connection is established, the broker
informs us there is no such queue to send to (for example). Also need to
determine how you keep the current synchronous behaviour where desired.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org