qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT] Apache Qpid 0.8 released !
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 00:17:03 GMT
Hi everyone,

Here is a draft for the 0.8 release announcement to our users list and
announce@.

I would like to send the final email out within 36hrs, so please chip in
with any feedback you might have before then.

Thanks,
Robbie
------------------

The Apache Qpid community is happy to announce the immediate availability of
Apache Qpid 0.8

Apache Qpid (http://qpid.apache.org) is a cross platform Enterprise
Messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol
(AMQP, http://www.amqp.org). It provides brokers written in C++ and Java,
along with clients for C++, Java JMS, .Net, Python, and Ruby.

Apache Qpid 0.8 can be downloaded now from our website:
http://qpid.apache.org/download.cgi

This release contains many bug fixes and stability improvements over
previous release and we recommend that all users upgrade. Some features of
note in the release are:

* Qpid Messaging API support for the C++ and Python clients.
* .Net Binding for the C++ Qpid Messaging API, an intermediary program
designed to make access to C++ Qpid Messaging methods simple and in a way
familiar to the programmer. The .NET Binding creates and manipulates actual
C++ Qpid Messaging API objects so that a .NET program will operate the same
as if it were written in native C++.
* New hybrid SQL-CLFS persistence module for the C++ broker on Windows.
* Improved 0-10 support for the Java broker.

A complete list of the features/reported issues addressed in this release
can be found here: http://qpid.apache.org/release_notes_0.8.html

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org