qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse project files for Java code
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:58:30 GMT
On 21 Dec 2010, at 10:54, Marnie McCormack wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This discussion is something worthy of its own thread with a
> meaningful
> subject name on dev.
>
> There are quite a few opinions out there on the subject and likely
> requires
> a vote to make major changes.
> We've been through so many build system re-writes that I don't have
> much
> appetite for more. But I'm definitely not the voice of build - so a
> full
> discussion would be best.

Hi.

I have created a JIRA, QPID-2987, to track progress in attempting to
replace Ant with Maven for the build system.

I would appreciate any comments or ideas on how best to rfey and
implement this. I have taken note of the (large) number of early
JIRAs pointing out problems with this approach, and will try not to
replicate these. I am hoping that the latest version of Maven 2.2.1
will mitigate many of these, anyway.

Obviously, this is not the only way to manage dependencies, and we
still need to vote on whether to go ahead with the switch, and any
changes I check in would *not* touch the existing Ant build
infrastructure until we are all agreed on the way forward - this is
purely a proof of concept to stimulate further discussion among the
Qpid Java developers.

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? do not fold, bend, spindle, or mutilate ;
-- http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ? edinburgh : +44 7582 293 255 ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org