qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject RE: RFC: svn branching for new feature development
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:45:08 GMT
On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 22:27 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> You can use svn branches as well using git-svn in much the same way, no need to use github.
You just make a new local branch based off a remote svn branch (or use git-svn to make the
svn branch I believe) and then the workflow is really just the same as when working with trunk
but dcommiting to the branch instead.

The one thing this scheme makes hard is rebasing the git-svn branch, but
I accept that this could be avoided (and perhaps should be!)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org