qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Zap trailing whitespace?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:53:02 GMT
On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 16:38 -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> ..
>
> If we do the svn hook, but don't strip trailing whitespace in one
> checkin, we get a lot of spurious diffs over a longer period of time,
> and they aren't related to the purpose of a given check in.

I think you may be misunderstanding my suggestion: I'm only suggesting
stripping spaces on new or changed lines automatically upon commit. This
ensures that the code base doesn't get any worse, and hopefully
incrementally improves it as code is maintained.

Andrew

[I'm not against people incrementally tidying up whitespace pollution in
files that they touch beyond whatever changes they make, but I am
objecting to doing it in a massive single checkin]

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org