qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse project files for Java code
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:50:02 GMT
On 4 Jan 2011, at 18:07, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> But it's *not* the way we've always done it.
>
> We've done maven before.
>
> It didn't help.
>
> In fact there were a lot of issues with maven at the time...
> however that's
> not really the point.  Even if all the issues with maven have
> subsequently
> been solved, that doesn't help *us* structure and manage our
> project (by
> which I mean the whole of Qpid, not just Java) in a sensible way.

Although I've read the old JIRAs related to Maven, could someone with
more history in the project please explain what the problems were,
before I go around trying to re-invent wheels that don't work...?

Thanks,
Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? do not fold, bend, spindle, or mutilate ;
-- http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ? edinburgh : +44 7582 293 255 ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org