qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QIP: prioritised message delivery for c++ broker
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:54:11 GMT
On 01/17/2011 08:14 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> In addition to the basic behaviour the solution will also provide a
> mechanism to customise the message delivery to avoid the situation
> where high priority messages completely starve out lower priority
> messages. This will be done by allowing the queue to be configured to
> allow through lower priority messages every n messages for a
> particular priority level.

Will this behaviour be configurable? I.e. allow it to inject lower priority
messages, or set the injection to 0 (infinite) at which point the low
priority
messages will get starved.

I can think of some cases where you do actually want to starvation
behaviour.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org