qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QIP proposal: Easy Broker Info
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:57:14 GMT
On 01/13/2011 01:00 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Steve Huston wrote:

I suggest the following, which I've seen  used to good effect in previous projects:

   --dump-config FILE   Instruct the broker to write it's configuration to FILE
(default none)

This would write a file in the known qpid-config file format with the "live"
values of config items like port or ssl-port, or other computed config values.

When config can be picked up from multiple sources, such a tool is useful to be
sure what actually got configured. It uses existing known file formats. It
clearly scopes the use of the tool to checking initial configuration, it doesn't
want to become a replacement for management.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org