qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID: timed auto-delete on queues
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:57:40 GMT
On 01/17/2011 08:14 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> Recognise a timeout value that can be passed in the arguments to
> queue-declare. Instead of immediately deleting the queue when eligible
> for doing so, set up a timed task to try to delete after the
> configured delay. If the queue becomes used within that period again,
> the delayed deletion will be cancelled.

Why not use session timeout and tie it to that. why introduce another
variable, if the goal is to allow reconnection, we don't need to config
queues
differently on a specific session differently.

Additionally using the session timeout, it becomes more logical. I
failover and I
have till connection session timeout to re-connect.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org