qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Qpid Improvement Process
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 02:28:18 GMT
Hi Justin,

I very much like the QIP proposal my only concern is about its
potential for endless discussion. I understand that the QIPs have
timeframes but if discussion has not reached a satisfactory conclusion
there is an option to defer. Would we have rules on how often we could
defer a QIP before we had to stop and deal with the issue?

How are such difficulties addressed by the Gnome and Python projects?

The proposal suggests to me that a QIP must first be approved before
any code is written. I think that this would potentially be a bad move
as ideas often need prototypes to either prove out the idea or to get
community buy in. How would we address the need for a QIP to have some
initial development work done in svn?

Cheers

Martin

Martin Ritchie