qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Improvement Process
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 16:35:46 GMT
I'm very much in favor of source control for draft as well as matriculated
QIPs.  I've been thinking along the lines of having

   qpid/doc/qips/draft/qip-exchanges-with-pinstripes.txt
   qpid/doc/qips/qip-0002.txt

where the former is a qip in draft form and the latter is a qip after it's
been accepted and assigned a number.

On status, definitely.  I'll incorporate that into the next version.

As to source control versus wiki, as Rajith mentioned, I personally prefer
source control, but if someone wants to use a wiki instead, I don't think
that does the process any serious harm.

Thanks,
Justni

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Ken Giusti wrote:

> Justin - I like this idea.
>
> Will only the approved QIPs be saved into source control?   Seems like a good idea to
keep the non-approved ones around - if just to have a history of feature vetting.

> Related: I'd suggest the "Status" section of the QIP document should require a rational
statement if the final Status is set to Rejected (or even Deferred/Withdrawn/Abandoned).
I don't want to have to sniff around the mailing list archives to determine why a particular
feature was rejected...

> -K

>>> Proposals (PEPs) to review important changes to the Python language